US Attorney's Civil Rights Symposium
From Jim Cross,
Public affairs officer for the U.S. Attorney in the District of Kansas, May 04, 2011
Have you registered for the U.S. Attorney’s Civil Rights Symposium June 10, 2011, in Kansas City, Kan.?
If not, please take time today to register for the free, day-long conference. (And feel free to pass this message on to friends who have an interest in registering.)
The agenda for the conference includes:
- An overview of federal civil rights enforcement by Assistant U.S. Attorney General Thomas Perez.
- A panel discussion on fostering cooperation between civil rights groups and law enforcement agencies.
- A presentation by Sheriff Dave O’Malley of Laramie, Wyoming, who will talk about his role in the Matthew Shepard murder investigation. The case gave rise to the federal Matthew Shepard and James J. Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act.
- A presentation on federal human trafficking investigations.
- A presentation on the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Below please find links to registration information and a copy of U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom’s letter of invitation.
If you have questions or suggestions, please call me (Jim Cross) directly at 316-269-6552 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Public affairs officer for the U.S. Attorney in the District of Kansas
U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom’s letter of invitation