Mental Health Advocacy Day at the Capitol -
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Sponsored by the KANSAS MENTAL HEALTH COALITION - Speaking with one voice to meet the critical needs of people
with mental illness
Join fellow consumers, family members, providers and advocates for a chance to become better informed about mental health policy issues in the Kansas legislature and to educate your legislators about the issues of the day.
Please make appointments now with your Representative and Senator to meet with them when you come to Topeka.
They need to hear your perspective and concerns about mental health program budgets and policy issues.
NEW LOCATION FOR 2012 - Topeka Performing Arts Center,
214 SE 8th Street [Use Quincy Street entrance]
Preliminary Schedule of Activities
- 9 a.m. - Registration
- 9:45 a.m. - Policy Briefing
- 11:45 am - Lunch
- Appointments at the Capitol
- There is no registration fee.
- To register and to ensure that you receive the latest updates go to: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2012_Advocacy_Day_Registration.
- A lunch voucher will be provided for all who participate and travel stipends will be available subject to adequate funding.
- For more information and for assistance in making appointments with legislators email: email@example.com or call 1-800-539-2660.
To download a script you can use in making your appointments go to: http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1011241366162-178/Mental+Health+Advocacy+Day+Phone+Script.pdf.
Resources for Additional Information
Download Issue Briefing Papers for Advocacy Day